Saturday, April 26, 2014

What is the impact of digital tool access on student success?

For this month, the focus is on the impact of digital tool access on student success.  There have been many articles written on the digital divide in the United States; but how much research is being done on the impact of access to digital tools?  Are researchers examining what happens in classrooms where students with a low SES have 1:1 digital tools and looking at a class of students who have a "middle class" income but do not have 1:1?  What happens in these schools?

These are the questions driving my current research at Southern NH University.  While exploring this subject, our cohort is also learning how to use SPSS v. 22.  Those that know me, understand that numbers are my friends. I should have been a math teacher. But then, who would make libraries more student centered? When finished with the current bit of research I will publish some of the results here.  My dissertation is starting to come together. I am seeing a focus on student-centered learning in a digital world.

No comments:

Post a Comment